Thursday 6 August 2015

Welcome Neighbour

We knew our neighbours were moving in August, and , of course, that we'd be getting new ones. As well as the 'good luck' card I'd made for our  neighbours , I'd always intended to make a welcome card for the new ones. So why was I surprised when yesterday, as we drove in from a few days away, we found a removals van on the drive next door? I somehow thought we had more time!

What's a crafter to do when she needs an idea for a card . and fast? ! A quick scout around the latest challenges revealed Little Red Wagon's shaker card challenge. Okay, not really a quick and easy option but it gave me a clear idea of what I could make AND , while I was away , a bag of sequins I'd ordered had been delivered through my lettterbox, so nice and handy for a shaker.

I used my Silhouette cutting machine and a house SVG by Miss Kate Cuttables and I made it into a shaker by creating an inner frame, cutting it out LOTS of times and sticking them together. I also cut out a fence and the word welcome (using a font on my pc) and made a background with patterned paper.

As well as Little Red Wagon, I'd like to enter:
Crafting by Designs  windows
Cute Card Thursday one word
Crafters Cafe  use some torn paper

5 comments:

cass said...

Cute card, great seeing the torn paper. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this week for our "Torn Paper" challenge. Dont forget in September we are moving to twice a month (1st and 15th)

chrissie said...

How lovely to make this sort of card and it is so beautiful

Love Chrissie xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Crafters Cafe, good luck!!! Amy DT

Shauna said...

What a perfect card for a new neighbor! I actually have a new one of those myself. I like the dual patterned paper with the die over top bringing everything together. Just lovely!
- Shauna

Donna said...

Great card! It's so cute as a shaker card! That little house is just perfect! Good Luck in the Challenge at Little Red Wagon this week!
Donna DT