Monday 24 August 2015

Happy Birthday Pet

Regular visitors to my blog (and I really do appreciate your visits) may remember that my daughter likes to make some pretty challenging 'orders' for cards, often at short notice.

So, most of the ideas on this card were my daughter's. She said she wanted a card with 'a guinea pig in a party hat and the words "happy birthday pet".  She chose the sentiment as a pun because (for my international visitors!) the friend it is for has moved to Newcastle (in the north of England), where 'pet' is used a term of endearment like darling or honey.

The guinea pig is a digi from a Serif  CD and I coloured it, and the sentiment, with Promarkers. The hat was cut on my Silhouette electronic cutter and I used an embossing folder too.

I'd like to enter:
Incy Wincy birthday wishes
Crafty Cardmakers  no patterned papers
Chocolate Coffee and Cards sentiment
QKR Stampede  use a diecut (hat)
Craft your Passion  anything goes


10 comments:

Pia S said...

Wow, glad your daughter isn't the one providing us all with challenge themes. But somehow you always seem to meet her requirements, which is quite impressive. A guinea pig with a birthday hat, that's really cute and working well for a party themed card....

Sherri said...

Totally adorable! Both the guinea pig AND the sentiment! I'm so glad you could join us this week for the weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Pat said...

What a fun card! I love your daughter's tongue-in-cheek humor, much like my own. Thank you for joining us at Craft your Passion challenges this week.

crafty said...

What a cute little guinea pig. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Mary

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

How lovely!Beautiful card and made me smile!
Nessa xxx

Lin said...

Why-Aye Pet!!!

What a cute design, love the sentiment and adorable image together.

Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation in my 'no patterned paper' challenge

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Karen C said...

You gotta love the unusual requests! I've had many come my way from co-workers! You did a great job filling your daughter's order! LOL Love it!! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge! Hope to see more of your wonderful work!
Hugs,
Karen C

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, so cute. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

Anet's Crafting said...

Adorable card Marina. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT x

Sally Dodger said...

I absolutely love this card Marina. Your Guinea Pig image is adorable and so beautifully coloured. Great sentiment and the spotty yellow party hat is a fabulous addition. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers and more. Sally.x.