Sunday 23 August 2015

Empty Box Project #24 - Roses

It's my partner's mum's birthday soon and he always likes to give her a traditional floral card - but I'm not good at that kind of card. I thought I'd have a go using some current challenges for ideas. The relative simplicity of this card belies the facts of how long it took me to make it!

The back panel and small panel at the front are from a MCS paper pack (they have glittery bits built in). I stamped the sentiment onto a banner and the big banner is embossed with a magazine freebie embossing folder - this is what took the most time as the first few times I tried it the folder cut right through the cardstock. The other panel is inked with distress inks and stamped with a stylised rose which was a Craft Stamper magazine freebie and was in my empty box project box.

Just to recap:
On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

I'd like to enter: 
Allsorts roses 
ABC Challenge  pretty in pink 
Try it on Tuesday sending you flowers  






13 comments:

sirkkis said...

Wonderful project, elegant card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for entering Try It On Tuesday!
oxo
Susi

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, and the flowers so subtle...love the colours, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Ros Crawford said...

I think she'll love it! It's really pretty!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is beautiful! I'm sure it will be a hit!! Good Luck with your Empty Box project - I have a large wallet full of scraps - I may follow your example! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Pia S said...

It turned out just beautiful, Marina, and you succeeded in making what was ordered, a classy floral design.

AndreaNorris said...

You got there in the end though - beautiful result. Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge and good luck
Andrea x

Crystal Komara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal Komara said...

Marina, I hope this card will be well received for the birthday girl. I love how you so closely matched your embossing folder to your DSP. Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week. Crystal

susiestacey said...

Lovely card and just perfect for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Roses' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Mummylade said...

Thank you for entering this lovely project in our Rose challenge at Allsorts this week!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love the soft colors you've used on your card. It turned out just lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' or Not on Tuesday.
Sara H.

Lin said...

Well done for persevering with your die masquerading as an embossing folder *g*, the end effect is gorgeous.

Well done also for ploughing through your box of unused stamps. We should all set ourselves challenges of use it or lose it!

Thanks for sharing with us in our 'pretty in pink' challenge

Lin
ABC