Saturday 1 August 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Beach Photo


Our new challenge at Inkspirational is to make a project inspired by this photo:



For my DT card I brayered a mix of shades of blue ink onto glossy card and cut the card into 3 sections. I die - cut  a palm tree on my electronic cutting machine and stamped the sentiment (unknown brand). The slight wonkiness of the word 'here' was entirely deliberate - just didn't want it to look too perfect like a Hallmark card! - no honestly, it was deliberate!

Please come over to Inkspirational . We have fabulous card from our DT and a wonderful Guest Designer, Lucille , and we'd love you to enter our challenge this fortnight.

I'd like to enter:
Stampin Royalty  by the sea
Eclectic Ellapu  by the sea
Sparkles Forum sun, sea, sand

8 comments:

Pia S said...

Wow! The colors and panels make this card look absolutely striking!

Ros Crawford said...

You know those moments when you say to yourself "why didn't I think of that?" Well this is one of those moments!! I LOVE your card ... So very effective!

sandie said...

we believe you, it was deliberate!! I like a bit of wonkiness! Love the boldness of the blues x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Simply fabulous Marina, love the ombre look and a super class CAS take on the photo.

cm said...

I wish I were there, too! A lovely card, Marina, with the pretty shades of blue that create a perfect backdrop for your palm tree. The tilted 'here' is wonderful, as it follows the movement of the tree's leaves. Love this!
Hugs~c

Cazro said...

An original idea has made a wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly. Caz

Unknown said...

Great take on the photo, loving that blue colour and the great die cut. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge 70 and Good Luck! xx

Yvonne Garner said...

Really cool take on both the Inkspirational Challenge and Eclectic Ellapu! Love the silhouetted tree. Thanks for joining us at EE.