Saturday 22 August 2015

Rainbow Baby


About 18 months ago I was given the sad task of making a sympathy card for my daughter's friend who had lost a newborn baby. So, it was nice when my daughter asked me to make a card for the friend's new baby, born healthily a few days ago.

She said a baby born after a loss is called a 'rainbow baby' and asked for a new baby card incorporating a rainbow. I did find this quite a challenge- I do have some digistamps and cutting files with rainbows on them but they all seemed too cartoonish (the sort of thing you might see on a St Patrick Day card). So I thought I'd try creating an impression of a rainbow using inks. Obviously, it doesn't really look like a rainbow but I hope it gives that effect.

The image of the mother and baby is an A Day For Daisies stamp - actually a clear acrylic stamp as they did these for a short while.

I'd like to enter:
Lulupu baby
Catchy Challenges make background
A Gem of a Challenge  one for the girls.

5 comments:

chrissie said...

So beautiful Marina. You find the best images for sure

Love Chrissie xx

Fliss said...

This is gorgeous Marina and so glad to hear your daughter's friend has happy news now as it's heartbreaking to hear of such a sad loss.
Fliss xx

Lynsey said...

Hi this is a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with A Gem of Challenge this time!
Hugs Lynsey x

Tanvi said...

Such a beautiful card Marina! Thanks for playing along with us at Lulupu Challenge#52. Good Luck!

Ruchis Crafeteria said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with CSCC Aug challenge- week 4. Good luck. :)