Sunday 19 July 2015

Sorry I'm so Late


I made this card to enter a few of my favourite challenges - CD Sunday  (stamped image plus item from CD), Paper Artsy (time) and Shopping Our Stash  (paper piecing) .

This 'Alice' image is from My Craft Studio 'A Very Important Date' CD, and I have used it before, always cropped off as I think the face is too cartoonish but the lower body alone suggests a more classic Alice.  I printed it onto patterned paper and paper pieced the skirt.

I stamped clock faces on the background (Prima stamps), stamped the mushrooms (Paper Artsy) and paper- pieced them with paper I'd inked in Victorian pink. ( Before sticking down the paper on the big mushroom, I did an unusual technique which involved accidentally dropping it into a mug containing the cold dregs of my tea!)

Then I stamped the caterpillar - this (and the mushrooms) are from a new Paper Artsy set and the main reason I bought it was for the caterpillar!  I coloured it in, cut it out and covered it in Glossy Accents.

Finally, I cut out the sentiment on the Silhouette and covered it with Wink of Stella.

10 comments:

Wynn said...

Michelle this is fab. You always make such creative cards. I love how you've 'chopped off' her head and the new technique made me smile!! The paper piecing with stamped images always works for me better than colouring in, which I'm hopeless at. Yours is perfect.Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Carol said...

Hi Marina. Your description certainly made me smile. Accidents will happen!! I love the Alice in Wonderland from MCS - one of my own favourites.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Chris Dring said...

This is such a cool card! Love that Alice stamp! Thanks for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

Pia S said...

I love how you used only her lower body. I should definitely try and use my stamps in different ways, like you do. The stamped clocks and paper pieced elements are beautiful details.

Christine said...

A beautiful card Marina despite Alice having NO head lol. Lovely use of different stamps and I like what you have done with them.
Thanks for joining us this time
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Donna said...

Fantastic card Marina! So very Alice! Thanks for joining the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew this week for our "Paper Piecing" challenge!!

Jocelyn said...

This is a great CD with some lovely images and I love what you have done with Alice. Thank you for the latest crafting tip - it could start a trend! Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn c
CD Sunday DT

Chana Malkah said...

Great project and the paper piecing is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz
Chana, DT

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love it! Lx

sue-b said...

well that's what crafting is all about mistakes that happy to produce a fabulous creation .
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b x
DT