Monday 6 July 2015

Make My Monday - The Sea


I chose this week's theme at Make My Monday , The Sea. When I chose the theme I had a vague idea for a classic nautical card. However, this card came about because I thought I'd experiment with a stencil I'd made.

I made the stencil by tracing an image using the Silhouette Cameo and cutting it from mylar. I made it to do Tshirt painting with my dolphin-mad grandson. Here's the Tshirt we made:

For my card, I created two shadowy dolpins in different shades of ink and then made the one on the top using a die-cut I made when I test-cut the stencil in card. For my background I did lots of inking and used a Creative Expression bubble stamp and a verse from Crafty Individuals.

I hope you'll join us at Make My Monday with a sea-themed project.

I'd like to enter:
Paper Artsy - stencils
Fairytale Challenge under the sea

7 comments:

chrissie said...

Wonderful stencil and it looks great on the tee shirt as well

Love Chrissie cx

Pia S said...

Lovely effect of stenciling the trio of dolphins. And I really like the look of that water. Great pick of theme!

Kati said...

Lovely Card and fantastic idea using the stencel for your grandsons t-shirt. He looks so happy!
Thanks for showing it for our fairy tale challenge this week.
hugs
mamapia

Fliss said...

Really lovely card Marina and the T shirt looks fabulous! Can see why your grandson loves it.
My elder one loved dolphins as a child too.
Fliss xx

Joan said...

Oh, I love the colors and the dolphins on your card!! How fun that you made the stencil (looks great on the shirt too!).

Nonni said...

Wonderful card and great t-shirt too! I love your creative use of the stencil. xxx

Bianca said...

What a super lovely shirt! Your grandson shurly love it! But I also love the card. Thats realy a super useable cameo cut out. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge. Bianca XX