Monday 27 July 2015

Guest Designer at Crafty Boots

Today I am honoured to be Guest Designer at Crafty Boots.  This is because I won their sketch challenge - here is the sketch:

and here is my winning card: 


I think you can see what I've done here! The current challenge at Crafty Boots  is Christmas in July , so I made a Christmas version of my winning card. I hope that's not too boring! 

On my Silhouette Cameo, I turned some pictures of tree baubles into sketches and, using a pen instead of a blade, sketched them , and the 'stitching' onto card. I coloured them with markers and then stamped random Christmas words and numbers. I added a die cut sentiment and some gems. 

I hope you like it and I hope you will join in with the challenge at Crafty Boots.  Thanks for having me as Guest Designer! 
I'd like to enter:
Christmas Card Challenges anything goes
Dragonfly Journeys Christmas in July
That Craft Place words

7 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

I love what you have done here Marina. Your Christmas card based on the 'sketch' challenge looks awesome. I particularly like how your have sketched the baubles and 'stitched' the edges.

Thank you for being such a great Guest Designer.

Dionne

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats!! And I love both cards!! I've never drawn with my Cameo ... this looks fabulous!

chrissie said...

Love this Christmas version Marina and well done for being the guest

Chrissie x

Pia S said...

Congrats on your GDT spot and I love how you've cased yourself! I find this sketch quite challenging, but for you it seems to be easy. The baubles look great with the sketched lines around the them, I really like this style.

Jeannie said...

Hi Marina! I can see why you won with your original card, and I just adore how you made a Christmas card with the same layout and concept! I love it! Thanks so much for joining my Christmas in July challenge this week.

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Nicola Jayne Saul said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

Debs said...

this is fabulous...thanks for sharing at TCP...hugs Debs x