Tuesday 28 July 2015

City Crafter - Masculine Birthday Card


Our challenge this week at City Crafter  is to create a masculine birthday card. 

For my DT card I created a card for my daughter's partner. It was his birthday last week and this weekend he's been at a big dance music festival in Belgium. I tried to create the feeling of being at the best gig ever. 

I created a background using alcohol inks and then randomly stamped patches of a Sarah Hurley text stamp. Then I dry - embossed with a Tim Holtz sunray folder. I found a crowd scene silhouette on the internet and traced and cut it on my Silhouette  Cameo. The sentiment is by Hero Arts. 

I hope you'll create any kind of masculine card and join us at City Crafter.  Please do visit the challenge blog, see what the rest of the team have done and meet our Guest Designer , Dana . 

I'd like to enter:
Simon Says Stamp Monday no ordinary paper (glossy cs for alcohol inks) 
Cardz4Guyz  something beginning with T ( text stamp and Tim Holtz embossing folder) 
Scribbles Designs  birthday bonanza 

14 comments:

Pia S said...

What a great background effect you've created using ink, embossing and stamping. And the silhouette in front is perfect for creating the feeling you were looking for. A youthful masculine design!

sandie said...

wow this is amazing Marina. That background is so creative and works so well with the silhouette. The whole card is very atmospheric x

chrissie said...

A very striking card Marina.

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! This is so amazing!! I adore the colours and the BG ... The whole scene is terrific!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Marina!

I absolutely LOVE this beautiful card. I would like to warmly invite you to share your amazing art with us at Word Art Wednesday, We'd enjoy having you play along, if you can, and have you share your talents with us. It would be a huge blessing to me and I really hope you will join us. We offer awesome prizes each week in our Anything Goes challenges. You can find us here:
Word Art Wednesday
http://www.cropstop.com/blog/uncategorized/linky-party-6-anything-goes/

Blessings,
Karen Letchworth, Blog Owner
Word Art Wednesday

Jane Willis said...

What a great card - it makes me think of the last night of the proms! Than ks for sharing it at Cardz 4 Guyz
Jane

Stella said...

Marina this is a jaw dropper. You captured the idea of a big dance event in a fabulous way. Wow!

Cazro said...

Hi, A wonderful original background, perfecdt for a celebration. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz

Mrs Beez said...

Great card, love that background.

Andrea W said...

Awesome masculine card! I really like how you added the text into the background. So glad you shared your creation at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Samra said...

What a fantastic make this is Marina!!! It has been such pleasure working with you even for this very short time! I truly appreciate you!

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Sue Lelli said...

I LOVE the BG and the silhouette of the BEST concert ever! Very creative and Fabulous card!

Emma Williams said...

Great card and I love the impact of the silhouette against the fabulous background, very striking! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

Sandy S said...

Stunning card!

Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs #31 Birthday Bonanza Challenge... be sure to drop by the blog for the weekly Freebie Friday image and monthly free image on our challenge...

Sandy S
(Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)