Tuesday 7 July 2015

City Crafter - You are my Sunshine


This week's challenge at City Crafter is 'You are My Sunshine.... Use lots of yellow. '

I was flicking through an old magazine and saw the image I've used above (by Kirsty Neale) . It was on the 'template' pages of the magazine and when I checked my computer I discovered that I had downloaded a digital version of the templates at the time. I coloured it with Promarkers, paper-pieced with Cosmo Cricket scrap patterned paper and added a die-cut balloon which I inked and stamped with a Hampton Art chevron stamp. The sketchy sun with the word 'sun' were created in Silhouette studio and I added yellow embellishments such as flowers, button, washi tape and a metal flower. 

I hope you will join us at City Crafter. Pop over now and meet our GD, Margaretha.

I'd like to enter:
Shabby Tea Room  sweet as sunshine
My Time to Craft paper piecing
Clear it Out  anything goes 

14 comments:

chrissie said...

A happy and summery card with wonderful use of colour

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

So CUTE!!

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous summery card! xxx

Stella said...

Marna I am back on track after finishing my exam with good results. I am belated but wanted to let you know that I am so happy to have you with us at the team at CCCB! Your card is cute and beautiful; you nailed this color!

Stella said...

Apolgies for the horrible typing; your name is Marina :)

Pia S said...

A real sunshine card! Nice layering and use of different materials, I always welcome ideas for using my washi tapes. Love her paper pieced dress too.

Samra said...

What a great sunshiny card:) love the design and choice of embellishments.

Shauna said...

This is so cute and bright! I love the patch work look. Very fun!
- Shauna

Annie said...

oh so sweet - gorgeous colours. Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft. Annie xxx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This card is just beautiful!!!!

Amelia Breytenbach said...

Gorgeous card and your image is so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tea Room.
Amelia (The Shabby Tea Room Design Team)

Cazro said...

Gorgeous card, I am loving your colour choices and the wonderful pieced dress. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC. Caz

Cazro said...

Gorgeous card, I am loving your colour choices and the wonderful pieced dress. Thanks for sharing with us at MTTC. Caz

Shauna said...

Awww... I really like this one! The girl with the balloon is so cute and it looks so bright with all the yellow.
- Shauna