Wednesday 29 July 2015

Rock Star

I wanted to enter CD Sunday's Rock Star challenge but it did take quite a bit of trawling through CDs before I found an image I liked. (I had initially hoped to find a female rock star silhouette, but it was not to be.)

I also decided to use the sketch from Stamplorations .

This image is from Polkadoodles not for girls CD and was part of a topper , so I needed to  crop it out. I also changed the background colour to tone with my scrap of striped paper. In Silhouette Studio, I traced the figure and cut it out in black card and stuck it over the printed image, to give it more presence. I also cut out the headphones (also from Polkadoodles Not for Girls) and the sentiment (using the text feature).  On the base card, I used a music notes stencil and grey ink.

I'd also like to enter this at That's Crafty (stencils/masks) and Crafts4eterntity music.

11 comments:

Carol said...

I think 'you rock' in your abilities to do all that cropping and other stuff. I envy the abilities that others have with all these programmes. My own knowledge is pretty basic. A super striking card and thank you for sharing it with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Wynn said...

Wow all that technical stuff amazes me too. It was worth it though as it's a fab card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Ros Crawford said...

Another terrific card!! You are on a roll with the masculine look cards!!

Pia S said...

This card rocks, Marina! I love making masculine cards, but for teenagers and young men it can be quite tricky, don't want it to be too sweet, and this is just the type of design that suits this age group.

chrissie said...

Fantastic image for this great card

Love Chrissie xx

Becca Cruger said...

This card ROCKS!! What a great guy card. I always find masculine cards so hard to do! Thank you so much for linking up to STAMPlorations sketch challenge.

michele said...

Fabulous card Marina :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

sue-b said...

Great card Marina, any male would be pleased to receive this
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b xx
DT

Jocelyn said...

I love the colour tones you have used and all the clever things you have done with the image. Thank you for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Wei Wei said...

Wow! This card Rocks!!! Love your fab take on this sketch. Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great rocking card, love your image
Margaret