Monday 13 July 2015

Make My Monday - Anything But a Card


with the lid on 

This week at Make My Monday  Fliss has chosen 'Anything but a Card'. I like to try making different kinds of things, some with more success than others. (I won't be blogging the cake that was so disastrous it didn't make it to the school summer fair on Saturday!)

I made some lip gloss, using a kit from Plush Folly. The little plastic pot came with the kit but I thought I'd find a way of dressing it up to give as a gift. 

I measured the neck of the pot, found a flower svg cutting file and made a circle (in Silhouette Studio)  in the middle to fit the pot.  Then I made an internal offset and cut the shapes out. 

I hope you'll share what you've made with us at Make My Monday. 

I'd like to enter:
Silhouette Challenges 
Simon Says Stamp

7 comments:

Bananastamper said...

Adorable! Love how you "dressed up" your pot of lip gloss!

Suzi B said...

This made me smile Marina, looks like good fun.
Suzi B xx

Michelle J M said...

You are too clever Marina, this is fabulous! Great gift. Pity about the cake, we all do it! Thanks for your lovely comment on my Gruffie post, you are always so kind. Michelle x

Joan said...

Very clever and so pretty!!

chrissie said...

Terrific make Marina

Love Chrissie xx

Pia S said...

Seeing the first photo I thought it was a tea candle holder. But it's lipgloss! Fun little gift idea!

Michelle said...

Love this! I've always been more of a crafter than a cardmaker, so this really appeals to me. I've never tried this before. It's adorable! Thank you for sharing your project with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. And thanks for the inspiration, too! ~Michelle