Sunday 24 August 2014

Secrets of the Garden

Well, if I had a fairy in the garden, I would probably keep her secret so that people wouldn't think me mad!

Here I used a digi from Crafts and Me.  I coulered her by sponging her with two pink and one yellow distress inks. The torn background was made using Fresco paints and a Paper Artsy stamp on waxed tissue paper. The text 'secrets of the garden' is from the same Paper Artsy set as the flower. I also used pearls , a chipboard heart sprayed with glitter, roses and 'wink of Stella' on the wings ( doesn't show in photo).

I'd like to enter:
Crafty Cardmakers fantasy
Try it on Tuesday  use your stash - first use of the Paper Artsy stamp set , Fresco paints and tissue paper
Aloha Challenge In the garden
Shopping Our Stash   chipboard (heart)
Inky Chicks fairies

14 comments:

chrissie said...

Very beautiful Marina love the stamp

Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie x

Leslie Hanna said...

Such pretty colors and combination of textures! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

love the title of this, especially, but really the whole thing is fab & FUN! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (chipboard!) STASH with us this week! :)

Pamellia said...

Wow, stunning! That tissue paper background is drop dead gorgeous! Your image is beautiful, I just love it all! Amazing :)

Pia S said...

Love how you colored this fairy. There are so many images I don't buy as I think them too difficult to color as I'm no coloring expert, this technique is such a great one for these kind of images.

Pia S said...

Love how you colored this fairy. There are so many images I don't buy as I think them too difficult to color as I'm no coloring expert, this technique is such a great one for these kind of images.

Pia S said...

Love how you colored this fairy. There are so many images I don't buy as I think them too difficult to color as I'm no coloring expert, this technique is such a great one for these kind of images.

Julie Reed said...

Great colours, I like the way you have coloured her by sponging.
Thanks for sharing with us at CCM&M.
Jules DT

Bee and Dee said...

A very pretty card, thank you for joining us on the TIOT challenge, hugs Bee

Chana Malkah said...

The torn edges are a nice touch. Very nicely crafted! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash.
Hugz,
Chana

Mrs.B said...

This is a gorgeous card , love how you've stamped the fairy.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

Mrs.B said...

This is a gorgeous card , love how you've stamped the fairy.
Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
Avril xx

Lin said...

Love your tissue paper background, the effect is just so soft and subtle.

Thanks for sharing in our World of Fantasy challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers and More

Evil Edna said...

Love the way the focal image compliments the roses,thank you for joining us at TIOT, we hope to see you again soon.EE