Friday 1 August 2014

Lamp


So, yesterday my partner said to me, 'Oh, Mum's moving tomorrow; can you make her a card? ' !

The lamp is a cutting file, cut on my Silhouette and I stamped the base with a woodgrain stamp and inked all the edges. I decided to use the colour scheme from Mod Squad Challenge (blue, brown and one other neutral).

I decided to make the sentiment in Silhouette Studio - I always feel a bit overwhelmed when looking for a font, there are so many. Then I remembered a challenge I had been looking at earlier, Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge  'J is for..' and decided to look for a font beginning with J - there were only three - and this is Jasmine UPC.

As I think this qualifies as CAS, I'd also like to enter Less is More anything goes.

7 comments:

chrissie said...

A lovely idea for a New Home card Marina-so clean and fresh looking

Love Chrissie x

Sid said...

Great last minute card idea. Love your matching lamp & words !!

Anne said...

Super CAS design and how clever to use a J font!
Thanks so much for joining LIM this week
Anne
Less is More Designer

Lee said...

Very cute lamp! What a great moving card! Thanks for playing with us at Mod Squad!

Emma Williams said...

A very cute and extremely original card! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

Pia S said...

This lamp looks like it's been brought out from the 70s! Such a fun choice for new home card!

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry this comment is so late, but I was on holiday in Spain last week and wifi was a little limited and slow!
This is simply terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"