Thursday 7 August 2014

Boy Tshirt


I had a plain white Tshirt and I asked my grandson (nearly 4) what he would like on it and he said 'butterflies'.

I created this image in Silhouette Studio. I found a cloud ( digital version of Echo Park Sweet Day) and it contained words such as kindness/ caring/ carefree - words not always associated with 'boyishness' but which are just as important for boys as girls. I used the text feature to add the word 'boy' on top. The butterflies are part of this week's Silhouette free cut file and I used the 'fill pattern' feature to fill them with the cloud pattern.  Then I traced the image and cut it out of heat transfer paper, on the Silhouette Cameo.

I'd like to enter:
Country View Challenges  word play
Sarah Hurley Favourite things - Silhouette and making things for my loved ones.
Craft Hoarders Anonymous  upcycle
Crafty Calendar  ag

13 comments:

lost coast scrapper said...

Very cute, sure he'll love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Planetsusie said...

Oh bless him! I bet he looks soooo cute in it as well. I have a Silhouette Portrait (yet unused!!!) and I am so envious of your creativity. I love this little T shirt - brilliant!

Thank you for entering the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Glenda said...

What a cute project and I'm sure he will love his shirt! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Michelle J M said...

You are so clever Marina! Just love this, I bet your grandson does too. Michelle x

Unknown said...

Adorable, way to make a plain shirt something special.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the way you upcycled this plain T-shirt! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pammejo said...

Oh how sweet, just love how you upcycled your baby t shirt. Thanks for joining us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Country View.xxx

Claire said...

What a fantastic idea, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley 365 this month.
Claire xx

Unknown said...

Great project. Your grandson will sure be happy to see those butterflies. So glad you joined us at Sarah Hurley 365 challenge.
xx Ria

Gloria Stengel said...

Adorable! I love up cycle projects because we get to see such a variety of things! This is sooo cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

jaine drake said...

Great idea. Thanks for entering my challenge with Sarah Hurley.

Words and Pictures said...

Clearly a boy with excellent taste - butterflies were a great choice for his t-shirt! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Country View Challenges.
Alison x