Monday 4 August 2014

Make My Monday - Birds


It's a real crowd-pleaser theme at Make My Monday this week - birds.

For my DT card, I  resist-stamped the bird onto a page from a book , tore the image out and matted it. I'm sorry I have lost the brand name for the bird stamp - I tried googling it but just found a whole load of new stamps I want to buy!

I pleated the music paper and added a die-cut flower I had previously coated in the melt-pot. For the middle, I added a piece of the book paper to a clear epoxy circle, and surrounded with gems.  I stamped the card base with a music stamp, masked with torn paper.

Which of your fabulous bird images are you going to choose to enter our challenge at Make My Monday?

I'd like to enter:
Red Carpet Studio   pitch perfect
Stamping Sensations  anything goes
Patties Creations for the birds
Scrapping  4 Fun  anything goes
Scribble and Scrap  anything goes

13 comments:

Sue - said...

Great design Marina. I know just what you mean about finding a whole load more stamps you want to buy. Happens to me all the time!

chrissie said...

This is beautiful Marina and the pleated paper is a great idea

Love Chrissie x

Pamellia said...

This is wonderful! I love how you used the resist technique...I don't utilize this technique enough, but I think you've inspired me to bring out my embossing powder!! I love your flower too! :)

Fliss said...

Fabulous card Marina! The bird resist looks amazing and I love those sepia tones, a real favourite of mine.
Thanks for being so supportive lately too, it's so kind of you.
Fliss xx

Nadine Carlier said...

Darling card! Thank you for playing along with us at Red Carpet Studio!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Gorgeous card, love the resist technique.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Pia S said...

I like the combo of script and musical notes paper and the neutral colors. It's a great any occasion type of card, very practical to have laying around for a last minute invite of some kind. I think it even works as a sympathy card, if needed.

BlackDamaskDesigns said...

Oooo I love this! I love the resist stamp and the paper under the epoxy sticker...makes it look really tied together! Thanks for playing at Scrapping4FunChallenges!

Cherished said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing at RCs.

Joan said...

What a great card!! I love the resist bird and the pleated music strip!!

Wyvern said...

I love your card! I adore stamped images over dictionary paper! You really hit our theme right on the nose. Thanks for sharing your work at Red Carpet Studios!
Angela

Alyx said...

Great card...fabulous papers. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Tracy said...

Cute card, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations.
Happy crafting,
Tracy x