Saturday 9 August 2014

Retro Sundae

This week, I stayed with my friend in Southend (for my international visitors, it's an English seaside resort). This is my 'thanks for having me card' for her.

In Southend, I was inspired by a cafe I saw on the front - it's called 'Three Shells Beach Cafe' and it has three pastel-coloured fibreglass (?) shells for the roof - I think it looks like a kitschy retro American-style diner , although I didn't see inside.  (Might have been disappointed!) . That's the style I'm going for with this card.

The sundae is from Papermania Happy Days CD and I cut it on the Silhouette, also cutting an offset 'shadow'. I coloured it with Promarkers, liquid pearls and glitter. The 'cherry pie' label is also from Happy Days and I put it in a flattened bottle cap. I also used various patterned paper, 3 Candi and a die cut text.

I'd like to enter:
CD Sunday  food glorious food
Clear it Out  sketch and die cuts
Craft your Passion  sweet treats
Open-minded Crafting Fun  summer food
Silhouette Challenges offset feature

12 comments:

sue-b said...

What a fabulous card , love the retro look, i don't use my cameo nearly enough.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b DT x

Carol said...

What a fabulous card. You have got the 'look' (as per Paul Martin from Flog It) perfectly.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Just delish! Such a yummy card.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

A tasty looking card, just right for a summer card, I'm sure your friend will appreciate it, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x

Wynn said...

Yummy card Marina. Love the sentiment. Thanks for taking part this week at CD Sunday. Wynn DT xx

Cazro said...

Oh Yummy, a gorgeous long cool milk shake. Loving the bright coloured background, so oummery. Thanks for being with us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

Pia S said...

I love the retro style look, sometimes I wish I lived back then in the fifties, but I'm a terrible dancer and look awful in big fluffy skirts with flat shoes, so perhaps not, lol...
It does have that American diner look, and I love the foam creamy look you've created. Love the detail of the bottle cap too!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful summer card, wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Unknown said...

This is so cute! LOVE your bottle cap! Love that shake too!! Fantastic! Awesome colors!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Crafting Vicky said...

oh YUM! Love the great retro feel. the sentiment is just perfect for this.

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

sammi said...

Yummy! makes me want a sundae now! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Summer Foods" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

Nana said...

What a SWEET card. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥