Monday 3 December 2012

Sentimental Scene


This week's CD Sunday challenge is Oh Christmas Tree and I searched all my craft CDs for Christmas trees but none inspired me. I decided instead to make an old-fashined scene , featuring a Christmas tree. This room scene is from My Craft Studio Setting the Scene Christmas CD. The mother and child are an A Day for Daisies digistamp that I coloured in , cut out and stuck into the room.

I used the sketch at Christmas Card Challenges. The Christmas tree backing paper is from the same CD and I stamped the sentiment onto the same paper. Finally, I added red glitter glue  to the baubles and the sentiment.

11 comments:

Beryl said...

Your traditional Christmas setting is lovely Marina - the digi image is perfect for the background.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Karen said...

I love all the details that you put into your card, I can almost hear the fire crackling! Thanks for playing along with us a the CCC!

Jocelyn said...

That scene you have created looks wonderfully cozy and the glitter adds the perfect touch.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

sue-b said...

You have created a lovely scene Marina and beautifully coloured. thank you for joining us this week at CD Sunday.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A lovely scene Marina and your colouring is perfect. Like the touch of glitter too. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

I just love this traditional image you selected to use to create this card. Thanks for joining us over at Christmas Card Chanllenge this week.

sandie said...

such a lovely homey image and great colouring!

Mynn xx said...

What a sweet scene, Marina! LOVE the gorgeous coloring and I adore the subtle tones you've used with the pops of red! Just beautiful! :)

Linby said...

What a lovely scene you've created with the mcs disc, so charming.
Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Lynn x
GDT

Carol said...

A very evocative card Marina. Beautifully put together.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

A clever construction with a resulting traditional Christmas scene. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz