Saturday 1 December 2012

Robin


I was a bit stuck for ideas for the CD Sunday challenge Inspired by Nature, until I was inspired by one of the participants, Sue T .

Sue had used a robin image from La Pashe and had really made the reds stand out by using a blue background. Well, I didn't want to totally copy her in the same challenge(!) but I wanted to think of another way to make the reds the focus of the card.

First I found the image on La Pashe Just Inklined and,using the colour boost tool in My Craft Studio, changed the black lines to a sepia colour. I coloured the image in with Promarkers keeping everything to neutral (from the skin-tone set!) except the red.  The music paper was also from the La Pashe Cd.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I really like what you have done with the image - very effective and the sparkles add just the finishing touch.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

This is lovely Marina. I like the ides of changing the image to sepia before printing and then you've coloured it beautifuly.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Marina! What a beautiful, wintry card. Love the pops of color. Thanks so much for dropping by my log today and for the kind comments. Best, Yvonne

sandie said...

Hi Marina,
The pops of red really work and I really like that music paper behind, such a creative idea!

Michelle said...

Lovely card Marina. The colour scheme you have chosen is beautifully subtle and the gorgeous pop of red really works. x x