Tuesday 18 December 2012

Mmmmm...Not Sure I'm Good at This


I was busy procrasting with making the annually expected calendar for my son's grandmother when Mynette ( On a Stampage and the new Inkspirational Challenge Blog)  left me a message drawing my attention to the challenge on Technique Tuesday  - Faux Tile.

I used a Kanban stamp with a repeatable pattern and Vintage Photo Distress Ink on cream card. I added 3 Stampin Up brads.  There's a big gap at the top as I intend to bind it with the Bind-it-all.

I did find this technique quite tricky as I always stick things a bit wonky. But it was fun trying!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

I like this tiling effect, it really suits the photo you have chosen. I hope your MIL appreciates your efforts! x x

Michelle said...

I like this tiling effect, it really suits the photo you have chosen. I hope your MIL appreciates your efforts! x x

Katy said...

Well, I think your good at this! How creative to use this technique as your background for your calendar! I think that it's awesome you make your MIL a calendar every year! That is so nice! The tiles and the photo go great together! Thank you so much for making this and sharing it with us at Technique Tuesday! :)

Katy said...

I forgot to ask Would it be ok to put your project on the Technique Tuesday Facebook page?

Mynn xx said...

This is an awesome use of the technique, Marina!!! LOVE this calendar page--and the faux tile looks amazing behind your photo! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday!!! Please come and join us again! <3

sandie said...

great, looks stunning

Marina said...

To Katy:
Yes, of course you can put it on the Facebook page ... I'm flattered that you asked!

Karen Petitt said...

Hi Marina, Happy Christmas. What a fabulous gift. I love how you've used the technique to make the background.
Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Tuesday this month for our Faux Tile challenge. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again for the next challenge Karen(P) Technique Tuesday Crew

Nancy said...

Fabulous project!! Your tiles look Fantastic ~ Love it! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Technique Tuesday!
Happy Holidays!
Nancy xx :D