Saturday 15 March 2014

Yoga


Regular visitors to 'My Perfect Life' may remember me saying that, much as I love to enter blogland challenges, my greatest challenges are set by my dear daughter.

Yesterday, while I was at work , I received a text ' I need a congrats card for [my friend] as she has graduated as a yoga teacher. No pressure but I need it for tomorrow morning, '

At times like these, I turn to hybrid crafting. The background is a digital version of a  Basic Grey What's Up  paper. I digitally added the bird and printed it out; stamped 'congratulations (Stampin Up) and matted it onto teal cardstock.  I put 'yoga' into the search box at the Silhouette store and picked this cut file . I cut an offset in teal and used a 'fill pattern' to add clouds to the silhouette,

So, at seven o clock this morning I was able to text my daughter and say 'your yoga card is ready for collection '!

I'd like to enter:
QKR Stampede  anything goes 
Wags and Whiskers  sports (I googled to see if yoga is considered a sport and discovered it's a hot topic of debate! ) 
Stampin for the weekend  anything goes 

5 comments:

Cindy Groh said...

I Love IT! I saw it on the QKD blog and had to get a closer look at it. I don't do yoga but envy those that do. Great card and I'm sure your daughter loved it.

1CardCreator said...

I bet your daughter is happy, beautiful card for her friend! ~Diane

Pia S said...

Imagine all those fab cards you wouldn't have been making if it weren't for your daughter! I'm really impressed by how quickly you were able to come up with this design idea, it couldn't be more perfect for a yoga teacher!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Great card - very zen !
Thanks for playing along with us over at SFTW & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoox

Cindy van Oorschot said...

I say yes it is a sport, and I love what you did whether it is hybrid or not, it came out fabulous. I just got the cameo, so not sure about how to go about doing everything yet, so much to learn, so will have to figure out this technique. Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers.

Cindy DT