Sunday 2 March 2014

Pretty Random


I was trying something different here - inspired by a picture I've seen of stitched lines and semi-circles.

I didn't quite achieve the effect I was going for, but I quite like it anyway. Expect to see the idea re-visited!

I used two shades of grey card, patterned paper scrap, circle punch, embossing folder and pearls. I attempted a stitching effect with paper pricking and pen. I couldn't use my sewing machine because a) I can't get to it as it is hidden behind the contents of my kitchen (getting new kitchen fitted) and b) I'm a coward!

I'd like to enter:
Crazy for Challenges  orchid ( I hope I've got this shade right)
Make my Monday  Grown up card
CASual Fridays Two Shades of Grey
Artful Times Anything Goes

8 comments:

chrissie said...

I thought this was made from fabric Marina. The papers you have chosen are great. Love the faux stitching. I had gorgotten you could get that effect by pricking the card.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Artful Times

Love Chrissie x

Von said...

It really does look like quilted fabric ☺ thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
Von x☺x

~amy~ said...

Love the texture in this card!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Pia S said...

You succeeded in making something different and it's so beautiful too! I really like this, so calm and pleasant to look at!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very cool embossing on your card. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

1CardCreator said...

Love this, the stitching looks perfect! ~Diane

Neet said...

I thought this was fabric and stitching. Wow, what a great imitation you have made.
Love grey and pink and the jewels make it so rich.
Thanks for joining us - Hugs, Neet xx (Artful Times)

April said...

I like it, too. I thought that there were layers of paper, I didn't realize until I looked more closely that it was stitching. Love love love that gray and purple combination. April