Saturday 22 March 2014

Mojometer



I was inspired to make this project by the 'Game Pieces' challenge at Artful Times  but looking back at their blog now, I'm not sure I 100% followed the brief - maybe I should have altered an existing game piece. 

Anyway, this is a 'mojometer' - you spin it when you lose your crafting mojo and then you have to follow what it  says :
Follow a sketch                 Copy a colour combo                  Try a new technique
Watch a video                    CASE someone’s card                 Play with a stamp set

Pick a patterned paper              Pimp an old projec

I made it using my elctronic die cutter and a cutting file from the Silhouette store  - I'm sure you could do this by hand if you had very good cutting skills (which I don't!). 

Although this looks multi-coloured, I only used four Distress ink pads plus black and white cardstock. I used a flower stamp by a different company for each segment. I printed the words onto Safmat clear film. 

As well as Artful Times  I'd like to enter:
Flonzcraft   just for you
Creative Cutting   anything goes 
Crafting for all seasons  no designer paper 
Little Red Wagon  rainbow of colours
4 Crafty Chicks  no patterned paper
Alphabet Challenge  country flowers 
Craftitude add a brad 
That's Crafty  Inky Antics - ooh excited to see this new challenge - I'm a customer of theirs 

17 comments:

simplybren said...

What a fun project!!!

chrissie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chrissie said...

I love this Marina it is such a great idea. Sorry it doesn't qualify for the prize at Artful Times as it is entered into more than 5 challenges and the theme was to use game pieces

Love Chrissie xx

Scrapbagleader said...

Brilliant idea Marina - I'm thinking we could use something similar for a challenge at the retreat. :)

Deborah said...

Fantastic idea. And you've shown just how versatile distress inks are. Good luck in the That's Crafty! draw.

Paula Whittaker said...

Thank you for entering your inky project in to the That's Crafty! Challenge. Good Luck with the draw!

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

What a fun creation! I love it that you made your own game piece. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.

Von said...

Love the idea of a mojo meter we can all use one of those at times :)
Thank you for taking the time to join us at Artful Times
Von x☺x

Joanne said...

What a great idea! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Fliss said...

What a clever idea Marina and one I might have to steal! Such an original idea for the dreaded mojo block.
Thanks for joining in with our That's Crafty Inky Antics challenge and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Pia S said...

Cool idea!!!

Neet said...

Hi Marina - yes you are right, you were supposed to use an existing game piece - but not to worry it is a super idea and one I might copy if you don't mind. Great to get the juices going again after a missing mojo spell.
Also remember we ask that you only enter four other challenges along with ours. Sorry but it is a brilliant make.
Hugs, Neet xx

1CardCreator said...

Oh I just love this, what a clever idea! ~Diane

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our No Paper challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, lovely colors and pretty card!

Leanne DT@4CC!

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

Such a fun and unique idea! I think we could all use one of these in our studios. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge. Hope to see you enter again!
Cindy
DT Leader

paper fun said...

I love your Mojo meter!! What a fun and creative project.

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.

Mari

Milnie said...

What a fabulous idea!
Thank you so much for joining us for our No Design Papers Challenge at Crafting for All Seasons,

Hugs,
Milnie DT