Sunday 13 May 2018

The Library Challenge - Brideshead Revisited.

The new Library Challenge  is Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh. I recently listened to the audiobook of this, I did quite enjoy it even though I found the characters ( and, I suspect,  would have found the author) pretty awful.

My first card is a wedding card - it meets the challenge in two ways - first , the car on the cover, and secondly, the title - there's a bride's head on my card! (haha)

The car and couple are Stampin Up, the sentiment and banner are Avery Elle and I used a stencil for the road.

I'd like to enter:
Watercooler Wednesday  occasions
QKR Stampede anything goes
Creatalicious add sentiment



In the book, one of the main characters has a gimmick to help him stand out at Oxford - he carries around a teddy bear called Aloysius! 

For my new baby card. I used a free e-cutting file by Bird plus stamped sentiments. 

I'd love it if you popped over to The Library and entered the challenge. 

I'd like to enter:
As you like it  for baby cards, I choose pink right now as I know of two baby girls on their way!
Alphabet Challenge d for dots 
Allsorts in the pink 

Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh. File this under "gorgeous novel." Perfect pick for Downton fans.

15 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Marina thanks so much for playing along with the "Any Occasions" Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday this week and sharing your wonderful wedding card. I chuckled over your comment about Brideshead revisited and your card actually having a "brideshead". That was one of the great wedding stamp sets SU had. Loved it.

Elaine Stark said...

So cute. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy

Pia S said...

I’m not familiar with this book but from what little you told here I might check it out. Fresh colors for your modern romantic design. And cute card for a little one too.

Marsha Reed said...

Very nice card, Marina! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Marsha DT

brenda said...

A lovely pink bear, perfect for our 'In the Pink' theme at Allsorts this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Sherri said...

Great wedding card! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous cards. Thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge. EmmaT

susiestacey said...

Great card, perfect for the challenge - not read the book but we do have the series on DVD/
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'In the pink' challenge this week and good luck x Susan x

Maria said...

Super sweet cards!!

Mummylade said...

Lovely project! Thank you for sharing with Allsorts this week.

Julie Odil said...

That's a great wedding card! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede Challenge Blog. Julie, DT member

Dotty Jo said...

Super cards, Marina! I had very similar feelings when I read the book in my late teens, Jo x

Sonya van Stee said...

Cute wedding card! Thanks for joining us over at Creatalicious! -Sonya DT

Melanie said...

Lovely cards!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional add a sentiment” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…