Wednesday 23 May 2018

From One Sheet




Back to Basics  have a challenge I've not seen before - use one sheet of 12 inch patterned paper - so I had to join in.

I made four cards (I could have made another if I hadn't ruined some of it) using this paper from Carta Bella Space Age:



For my first card I made the paper into a stepper base (it's really good strength paper and double sided) . The robot was cut from another sheet in the range and the sentiment is an Avery Elle stamp. 
I'd also like to enter this into: 
Cardz 4 Guyz science fiction 

Here I used two stamps - the rocket one is from a freebie magazine set a few years ago, and I paper-pieced it with the patterned paper. The sentiment is by Clearly besotted. 
I'd also like to enter:
Casology  thrill 



Here I cut a card with 'Explore the Universe' on it from another sheet in the range and layered it onto a panel of my sheet . On my Silhouette, I cut out the rocket. The flame is cut from the reverse side of the paper.



Finally, these stamps are from the freebie set I mentioned earlier, stamped directly ont the patterned paper.

17 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Brilliant! Terrific cards and to think only one sheet of DP!

Margarets designer cards said...

Brilliant cards, I love your ideas for one sheet and they have made a great selection of cards for a boy/male
Thank you for joining us at back to basics
Margaret DT

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW your cards are brilliant!! So glad you joining in with us on Back to Basics and Beyond, thanks for sharing, Hazelx

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I'm such a huge fan of little boy cards, especially with technology or robots! And I love the design of each one of these. I have it on my list to make a stash for all of my son's friend's birthday next year. Wish me luck! Hugs, Autumn

Crafting Queen said...

Wow, love the paper you used and the cards you made with them. Thanks for taking part in Back to Basics and Beyond. Anesha x

Maria said...

Very fun space cards with awesome color!

Lucille K said...

Wow, Marina! The four cards you posted made from one sheet of paper are just amazing :)

Sian said...

A great set of cards. I love these! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian.

Mac Mable said...

What a fun challenge to use only the one sheet. Fabulous makes and fun masculine/boy cards x

Mimi said...

Great challenge-- never heard that one either! But it sounds great to get rid of stashed paper (to make room for more...) Terrific cards! Now you've got a great stash off boy-cards to have on-hand!

Jane Willis said...

I've got two hats on today, Back to Basics and Cardz 4 Guyz, to thank you for sharing these wonderful cards with both challenges. That is a fab piece of paper and you've used it in four very different ways. I love that retro robot!
Jane

Donna said...

These are too cute, and fabulous background paper!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

karen h said...

What a wonderful set of cards! I need to break out my pattern paper too! Thanks for joining us at CASology! Your rocket ship card is perfect for the challenge!

Pia S said...

I saw the challenge but couldn’t find the time, too bad, I’d love to have given it a go too. You’ve got a great set of masculine cards from this sheet. What a cool freebie set too.

Anna Uhras said...

Gorgeous cards !! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology! Anna xo

Cazro said...

Hi, I am wearing two DT hats today. Thrilled with your 4 cards, you have put your one sheet to brilliant use, your space themed cards are wonderful. Thanks so much for being adventerous with us in this challenge at Back to Basics and for the wonderful space rocket card for Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.