Here's a layout of my son on a chocolate factory tour. I used scraps of paper from different brands. I created and cut the sentiment on the Silhouette and then painted it with two shades of acrylic paint for a milk-chocolate look (hopefully).
Nonni has chosen our new challenge at Inkspirational and it is to use small stamps.
I didn't find this easy at first and this design wasn't my first attempt. But I'm really pleased I persevered as I like what I made in the end. That's the nice thing about challenges - they can get you out of your comfort zone in a good way.
I used a set by Craftwork Cards that's got loads of tiny Christmas stamps. I made a heart stencil and stamped them through it in red and green. Then I very daringly (given how often I mess things up) stamped the (Avery Elle?) sentiments, leaving it a single-layer card.
We have a wonderful Guest Designer Valerie , so please go over to Inkspirational and see what she and the rest of the DT have made, then enter your own project.
Here are my grandsons enhancing a shop's unicorn-themed display. I cut the unicorn from glitter card on my Silhouette and everything else was randomly selected fun things from my stash.
I'd like to enter: Use Your Stuff : magical The Studio Challenges : sketch
I chose this week's theme at City Crafter, using a photo I took in a big London branch of an international chain store.
My card isn't the one I originally intended to make - I knew I had some animal print paper that I've had for ages and I wanted to use it up- but after an extensive search failed to find it, I made this card instead. I used a safari set from Hunkydory. Guess what? Once I'd stopped looking for the papers they turned up!
The new Library Challenge is Where the Wild Things Are and I was surprised to discover how old this book is (1963) as I don't remember it from my own childhood or even from when my oldest child was little. But my youngest son (now 11) ...this was one of his favourites! (Apparently Barack Obama is a big fan of this book too.)
For my first card I stamped, masked and coloured some wild things (although the wild things in the book are monsters) from a MFT set. I used a Dymo to create the sentiment, which is a quote from the book. Actually, I did the quote from memory but then felt the need to check it - turns out there are two published versions, one that uses the word 'begin' and the other 'start'.
I'd like to enter: The Male Room - Little Boys Shopping Our Stash favourite things - I love masking and stamping to create a scene (the stamps are MFT too) Creative with Stamps cute animals Passion for Promarkers summer fun
My second card isn't new ...it was a Valentine's card I made for my son in 2016 and was posted to my blog then. This photo was taken at the time but I recently found the original in the bottom of my son's wardrobe along with old school projects etc. I used a die-cut monster and boat and another quote from the book.
I'd love it if you popped over to The Library and entered the challenge.
Here I used some digi stamps that were freebies from a magazine some time ago. I coloured them with antique linen Distress Ink and a gold Perfect Pearls spray mist. The spots in the background are a Neat and Tangled stamp and the sentiment is Hero Arts.
While I have you, could I ask you to be an angel (haha) and click over to my crafty friend Sandie's blog where she's raising awareness of epilepsy? Thanks.
|I made this Father's Day card for my partner's step-father. The silhouette stamps are by For the Love of Stamps , except the scallop border. The sentiment is Stampin Up and the stencil is by Neat and Tangled.
Here's a project I made after being inspired by the book Creative Wood Letters . (I've reviewed this book here.) It wasn't one of the projects in the book (although there is an idea in there for collaging photos onto a wooden letter that I do intend to try), but the book got my mind whirring with my own ideas. Instead of going and buying wooden letters, I decided to use what I already have and make my own letters using layers of cardstock and recycled cardboard.
I designed my project in Silhouette Studio using a basic font and a cutting file of a seagull from the Silhouette store. I did cut most of it on the Silhouette Cameo but it didn't go through the thick cardboard so I had to finish cutting that by hand. For the top layer I used papers and shell die-cuts from a Tilda paper pad. I finished off my edges with gesso and Distress Ink.