Sunday 27 May 2018

The Library Challenge - Breakfast at Tiffany's

The new Library Challenge  is Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote. I've read the book but I don't think I've ever seen the film, although it's more famous.

Anyway, for my first card I tried to evoke the glamour and the city setting . The woman is a Funky Fossil stencil and the stamps are Kaisercraft and Clearly Besotted. 

I'd like to enter:
Alphabet Challenge  ebony
Unicorn Challenge  monochrome 
CAS on Friday  birthday
Seize the Birthday patterned paper
Cas-ual Fridays birthday 








For my second card I used a Stamping Bella stamp to depict Holly Golightly reading about herself in the paper. I used two stencils for the background. 


I'd like to enter:
Crafter's Castle  technique - paper-piecing 
Sweet Stampin paper piecing  




“Never love a wild thing...If you let yourself love a wild thing, you'll end up looking at the sky.”


I'd love it if you popped over to The Library and entered the challenge.

grab button for Sweet StampinWinner's Badge

11 comments:

Linby said...

ooh - love the new challenge - lots of ideas! Just love both of your cards too - fab designs.

Dotty Jo said...

Woo hoo - I guessed right! Love your cards, Marina. The book is very different to the film in that Holly Golightly's character is more sympathetically portrayed and it's all rather more romantic. Jo x

Ellen said...

Lovely card, just love the way it looks! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn Challenges.

groetjes, Ellen

Aileen said...

Love both cards. Your first card in black and white looks amazing with that face in the background of the landscape, just stunning.

Mrs.B said...

Two great cards Marina and I love the images and design of the first.
Thanks for the challenge info.
Avril xx

Basslady said...

this looks so cool!

thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabetic challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
Silvi xoxo

The Craft Princess said...

Fabulous cards!!! I love the paper piecing in the card you made for Crafter's Castle challenge. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com

Mariken said...

Two lovely cards, really beautiful!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Cas on Friday!
Mariken DT

Beeceecreativity said...

super fun card... great colour combo. Thanks for playing along at Crafter's Castle Challenges.

Sarah G said...

Wow, great cards - love how you have used the stencil on the first card, it looks so elegant :)

Glenda J said...

Love the cards!!! Brilliant designs. The first one is so striking. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.