Saturday 19 May 2018

Flamingoes on Acetate

Here's a card I made using my new MFT flamingo stamps and I can tell you that, for me, this wasn't a 'quick and easy' card. 

Firstly, I designed and cut an aperture card base on the Silhouette- the design was inspired by the sketch at Inkspire Me  . The one you see here is not the first one I cut because after it was cut out I realised I'd cut the semi-circle so close to the edge there was little room for glue! But I decided to soldier on. 

I tried several different pens for the water and settled on a darker Promarker. But when I was fiddling around trying to attach it to the card base, I discovered I hadn't given it enough drying time and there was blue ink everywhere! 

Back to the Silhouette. I modified and re-cut the card base and put it all together. The sun (Hero Arts)  is stamped on a second piece of acetate - after making sure the 'water' was now dry, I had no intention of risking ruining it by stamping on it! 

As well as Inkspire Me, I'd like to enter:
Little Red Wagon  animals on the water 
Inspire Create sunshine 

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a brilliant take on the sketch, Marina! Jo x

Carol L said...

It may not have been easy to create, but it turned out to be a great CAS card anyway! Love the little scene :)

Marlena M. said...

This is amazing!

Crafting Queen said...

What a great card. thanks for your visit.

Mac Mable said...

Well done you on persevering. Vibrant and fun card with a great sentiment. Rarely is the card that goes on my blog the first one I make, so I feel your pain LOL x

Sandy said...

Love how you made this with the acetate, so clever. Pretty flamingo images too. Thank you for sharing with us over at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
-Sandy, DT

Imke said...

I fell in love with your card. Great technique and i love flamingos.

Thanks for joining us this week @ Little Red Wagon. Hope to see you back again soon !

Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

Ros Crawford said...

What a super design! I'll book mark that one!

Pia S said...

Some of the simpler looking cards can be the trickiest ones. This is summery and fun, good you didn’t give up. Love the sentiment with these flamingos,

IN{K}SPIRE-me Design Team said...

Such an adorable card! Love the cute flamingos! Thank you so much for playing Inkspire_me this week! Greetings from Bavaria, Kirstin

Liz Yuille - Old Stables Crafts said...

What a fun card, which totally hits the 'sunshine' theme of the ICC challenge. Thank you for taking part. Lx