Saturday 28 November 2015

Shopping in The Snow

I've used this vintage photo a lot over the years, and always thought of it as a Christmas shopper, but now I realise that all her packages are wrapped. I suppose she must be shopping in those department stores where they offer to gift-wrap for you! The snow in the picture is not the cold, wet snow that turns into dirty slush and ruins your shoes. Who'd want to go shopping in that?

The photo is from Joanna Sheen Fashion CD. I used a snowfall embossing folder, snowflake punch and the sentiment and building are die-cuts.

I'd like to enter:
CD Sunday - sprinkle of snowflakes
Tuesday Throwdown shopping spree
Cardz for Gals fashion chic
Suzy Bees Bloomin Challenge  die cut

15 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

I love how you combined vintage with new... stunning card!

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is so gorgeous! Love the stunning image with your wonderful snowy card!

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

Sorry about the deletion - I made a right mess of typing!
What I wanted to say was that this is a lovely card, very sophisticated. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

chrissie said...

Just right for a girlie Christmas card

Love Chrissie xx

Carol said...

I like this image - I am not surprised you have used it before. We are seeing more and more of 'past times' images and they are great to see.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so beautiful, Marina!! I love the vintage image!!

meg said...

Love the vintage shoppers image you've made it into a stunning card

Margaret said...

Gorgeous vintage design. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown for this challenge.
Margaret, DT

Pia S said...

I like this combo of vintage image with pops of color against an all white background, and how decorative that row of buildings is!

Wynn said...

I love how you linked the pop of colour in the image with the greeting. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday Wynn DT

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a beautiful vintage image.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday for our 'Sprinkle of Snowflakes' challenge - make sure you pop back and take a look at our 'Autumn Colours' challenge starting today.
Pauline
CD Sunday Guest Designer
x

CraftyGirl said...

Lovely project, I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
Tuesday Throwdown DT

Sharon said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at Cardz For Galz this week, hope to see you agin soon
Hugs Sharon xx

Cazro said...

A beautiful vintage card. Thanks for joining us for our fashion week at Cardz 4 Galz. Hope to see you again. Caz DT