Monday 30 November 2015

Make My Monday - Stamp with anything other than a stamp.

Here's an unusual challenge at Make My Monday  - stamp with anything other than a stamp. If you're stuck for ideas, go and visit our challenge blog, where the DT have come up with some fabulous creations.

I decided to make a scrapbook page using my 8-year-old son's latest school photo . (What is going on with his collar?) He looks so grown-up in it that I was reminded of the quote that I have used :
"A child will hold your hand only for a short while, but will hold your heart forever.".

As I had to print the quote, I needed to use paint or ink for the handprint that would leave the text still legible. I used Paper Artsy Fresco translucent paint, painted it onto his hand and pressed it into place. (He enjoyed it, honestly!) . I also stamped with some bubble-wrap in the top left corner.

I hope this has given you some ideas and that you'll join us at Make My Monday. 

I'd like to enter:
Off the Rails  mood board - yellow and the bubble wrap
Sparkles Forum  anything but a card

8 comments:

The Gov. said...

Great page! Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails!

chrissie said...

A great idea for a challenge and yours is terrific Marina

Love Chrissie xx

AO Creations said...

Love this layout and that handprint, too cute!!!

Tania said...

What a fabulous page and great idea with handprint. Thanks for joining us at OTR :)

Heather McMahon said...

This is so clever! Thanks for joining in at OTR.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Great creation, I hope he isn't still walking around with a yellow hand. Lol!!! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Fliss said...

Your layout is fabulous Marina and your son looks like a typical boy with his collar like that!
Fliss xx

NickScrapShack said...

Great layout. Why have I not thought of stamping with a hand. Should have done that when the kids was small on one of their pages. TFS
Thank you for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Good luck!
Nick