Saturday 21 November 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Photo Inkspiration



Close up for glitter purposes.
Our new challenge at Inkspirational is to be inspired by this photo:

For my DT card I was inspired by the mittens to create the scene of Santa's washing line. The clothes are from a Woodware set and the washing line pole is by Inky Doodles. I used Promarkers and Frantage embossing powder and glitter shavings. I hand drew the washing line string which sounds very easy but actually took me several attempts to get the clothes and string in the right places!

I wanted to add a little reindeer embellishment but I wanted it to be a similar style to the reindeers in the photo. I have loads of reindeer cutting files, dies and stamps but none seemed quite right, so I took a cutting file of a deer and (electronically)  welded some antlers on it!

Please join in our challenge at Inkspirational , but not until after you've checked out the work of our DT and our Guest Designer, Asha. 

I'd like to enter:
Merry Monday  use a reindeer
Try it on Tuesday  create a scene
Creative Card Crew  sprinkle
Moving Along with the Times  My favourite things - snowflakes and warm woollen mittens
Addicted to Stamps anything goes

17 comments:

chrissie said...

Such a fun card Marina. Thank you for sharing it at Try it on Tuesday

Love Chrissie xx

Wendy L said...

This is so sweet and gorgeous, thanks for joining us at MAWTT.

I have some Candy on offer too, xxxx

sandie said...

I just love this scene. This is the second time this week I have seen someone use frantage EP, I didn't know it existed. It looks fabulous. And your hand drawing may have taken ages but what a great result. This really is a fabulous card Marina x

Pia Larsen said...

This card is just perfect Marina! Funny, quirky and totally "Santa is getting ready"-ish :D

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's a fabulous card!! Love it!

Kim M said...

Fantastic! Love your Santa suit on the clothesline image and I think the little deer is a perfect addition. I did notice that you don't have a link on your name on the blog post though. Thought I should mention it. :-)

cm said...

What an innovative take on the photo, Marina! Santa's suit on the clothesline; the glittery snow, the wee reindeer: absolutely charming! Love it!
Hugs~c

Carole said...

Super card, thanks for playing along with our Fav things Challenge @ MAWTT this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Pia S said...

What a great Christmas scene! Love how you put Santa's clothes on the string and the added snow, it looks really Christmasy and fun!

zandra said...

Such a sweet card and I love the embossed snowflakes. Great take on the challenge and thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
Hugz, Z

Margik said...

A fabulous card with an adorable scene. The image is so cute. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday. Mar x

Creating with Susan said...

This is fantastic!!mi love the scene you created and all the texture you created with the snow - great card!

Linda said...

This is so very cute. Great take on the photo. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lori Turner said...

What a fabby card!! Love that image :) Thanks so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

Unknown said...

What a fun and pretty card! Lovely colouring and design! Thank you for joining us at ATSM this week!
Kamila DT

Dwie lewe rączki said...

Wonderful card. Thank you very much for joining our chalenge at Creative Card Crew
Big Hug
Yvonne