Tuesday 10 November 2015

City Crafter Challenge Blog - Die it

Our new challenge at City Crafter is to create a project using no stamping or designer paper.

This was actually my second attempt at my DT card , my first, failed attempt, is here.

I'd like to acknowledge that I took some inspiration for this card from a card by Jennifer McGuire (of whom I am a bit of a fan), but I used different materials and techniques and added my own twists.

In Silhouette Studio software, I welded a frame and some fir trees together, cut it out and made a window with snowfall acetate. I masked the moon and made an inky sky. Then I added a die-cut stag and sentiment.

I hope you will visit us at City Crafter, see the work of our DT and our Special Guest Star , Marcia Hill ...and join in the challenge.

I'd like to enter:
Crafting with Dragonflies  let it snow
Cute as a Button  winter
Natalie and Amy winter scenes
Crafty Catz  winter
Fab n Funky die cuts

15 comments:

Sheryl said...

I love the background on this elegantly simple card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Natalie and Amy's this month.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

chrissie said...

A wonderful card Marina with fantastic background.

Love Chrissie xx

Ros Crawford said...

It's lovely!! Sorry abut the first one ... done that myself once or twice Lol!

Pia S said...

I remember your failed attempt, I loved it and thought that was a lucky mishap!
This one has a totally different style, classy, traditional and I love the peaceful looking scene. And you know by now I love reindeer:)

Alison said...

I love the deer in front of that amazing background - it's a stunning card. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

happyglitzygirl said...

A gorgeous card, love the scene, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Mrs Beez said...

Fabulous card, love the scene you have created and the inking is gorgeous.

Marcia Hill said...

Stunning card Marina! Your blended background is beautiful and I love the sharp contrasts in color...a truly gorgeous card!! :0)

Wynn said...

Fabulous Marina. I love the snowfall acetate. Where did you source this please? I would love some. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Marina said...

Hi Wynn. It's from Hunkdory.
http://www.hunkydorycrafts.co.uk/luxury-foiled-acetate-snowfall-acetate-lfa110.html

Tinka's paper wonderlland said...

Great work, love the background..
Thank you for joining us at Cute as a Button challenge.
Good luck and we hope to se you again!
xx (Valentina DT team) xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh, how wonderful!

laurie said...

Beautiful background, I just love the cute scene!

laurie said...

Beautiful background, I just love the cute scene!

Stella said...

Marina you got me with the design and that deer:). I love it; a gorgeous winter scene and perfect for a christmas card. Wow!