Saturday 24 May 2014

Rainbow


A few months ago I bought some gelatos but I only got round to opening them last night!

Inspired by challenges at Card Making Mamas, Seema Crafts and Crafty Calendar , I used the gelatos to draw a rainbow on watercolour paper. Then I sprayed it with water and sqwudged it all about using my fingers and a baby-wipe.

Then, inspired by the 'tear it up' challenge at Quick Quotes, I tore all the edges of my watercolour paper.  I stamped the woman, butterflies and floral rain (Stampin Up), sentiment (Papermania) , punched out some flowers and added liquid pearl.

9 comments:

Pia S said...

What a nice combo of rainbow colors with this silhouette image! I like the roughened look of the torn edges too.

sandie said...

I love, love this card Marina! The rainbow is perfect and the distress edges look fab...never works for me. The floral rain is such a good idea, this is my all time favourite Marina card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful I like cards that are different from the norm x thanks for joining us at seemacrafts butterflies and rainbows challenge x

Unknown said...

Very pretty and unusual. Thank you so much for joining this months challenge on Seemacrafts. Hugs, Donalda Design Team Member.

Dana Tatar said...

Beautiful card! I love the rainbow background and the two-tone flowers! Thanks for joining the Quick Quotes challenge! :)

pauline said...

Beautiful card , thankyou for joining us at seemacrafts rainbows and butterflies challange

cm said...

Coffee in hand, and I'm *finally* catching up on commenting on your amazing cards! I've seen them all, so time for the 'gallery stroll'. Your gelato background is amazing; perfect for the silhouette. And of course, the butterflies have caught my eye...Fabulous!
c

cm said...

Coffee in hand, and I'm *finally* catching up on commenting on your amazing cards! I've seen them all, so time for the 'gallery stroll'. Your gelato background is amazing; perfect for the silhouette. And of course, the butterflies have caught my eye...Fabulous!
c

Helen said...

I love this! A really beautiful background and perfect for our challenge.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Helen x