Thursday 22 May 2014

Floating off


I'm no Picasso, but if anyone were to look over my crafting life story, they would surely call this my 'Balloon Period'. I just can't seem to stop making cards with balloons on them! But what could be more appropriate than a balloon for this 'commission' from my daughter: her friend is moving to a new town to start a new career. It's 'up ,up and away' of course!

This balloon was cut on the Silhouette, edged with a pink Promarker and clear embossed. I made a punched flower and added a blob of liquid pearl.

I'd like to enter:
4 Crafty Chicks no stamping
Addicted to Stamps  anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday  travel

6 comments:

cm said...

You and balloons; me and butterflies...You can keep the balloons a-coming, because you do amazing things with them! This card for your daughter's friend is perfect to wish her well on her new adventures. Up, up and away: that says it all. Your daughter and her friend will be delighted with this! Fabulous!
c

sandie said...

Just perfect for a new career and love how you have edged the balloon in pink. Have a fun day x

Unknown said...

Love it! Isn't it funny how we tend to use the same things for awhile and then move on to something else? Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.
Tina - DT

Lin said...

A perfect entry for our travel theme this week, Marina - love the blues! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Pia S said...

Hot air gallons are so versatile, so I can understand your urge to use them again and again. I'm not sure whether you've inked the sky or if it's a DP, but whatever it is, it makes a great background for the balloon. Great choice of sentiment too for the occasion!

Unknown said...

So pretty, wonderful scene you have created! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week. We sure hope to see you around again soon :)