Monday 5 May 2014

Bon Viveur


I used a sketch to make this card, but I'm not sure if Crafting When We Can will recognise their sketch, I played with it so much!

My circle is square, I originally had the left-hand panel, but got rid of it to show more of the backing paper and ribbon.  Instead of the corner top left, I have the postmark, the ribbon/border is shifted down and instead of a star I used the Eiffel tower. See! 

The central image (pre-coloured), cocktail glasses and lace pattern paper all come from Craft Artist Frou Frou CD. The backing paper was a Craftwork Cards freebie with a magazine. The tower was cut on the Silhouette and can you see I pleated the ribbon? Then I covered most of it up!! 

As well as Crafting When we Can, I'd like to enter:
CD Sunday  ribbon, lace and gems (hope it's okay that the lace is the pattern on the paper and her dress) 
Wags and Whiskers ribbon and bling 

16 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely card Marina - and yes it must be alright as my lace is card not material. Loved the pleated ribbon and the champagne bubbles.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Very pretty card Marina. I love the cocktails - is it too early to start now?
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

chrissie said...

Wonderful card Marina.

Love Chrissie x

sue-b said...

I love it marina, very chic, think you have all for our challenge this week.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b xx

starcyl said...

Another great card from you Marina, great for our challenge.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny
CD Sunday DT

Nance said...

Very pretty Parisian card. Love all the details. Thanks for playing at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Nance, DT

Wynn said...

Oooh la la Marina. Love the layout and all the embellishments.....especially the cocktails. Thank you for sharing it with us at CD Sunday. Wynn DT xx

Cazro said...

I love this CD, a beautiful card, great touch with the martini glasses. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz

Pia S said...

I'm not the one to judge, but I feel sketches are there not only to be copied but to kick start your creativity and to be given your own personal touch. That being said I've altered sketches beyond recognition so I couldn't enter my card into the challenge, but I know the card wouldn't have happened without the sketch. To me this is within what's acceptable though, and it sure is a beautiful Paris themed card!

Tina said...

beautiful details and colors...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

cm said...

Your Paris-themed card is ever so classy! Colours, images, details have come together to create a most eye-catching card. Your take on the sketch is most inspired! Beautiful!!
c

Jane Willis said...

What a gorgeous card, very stylish

Indy's Designs said...

This is fabulous! Great take on this week's Parisian theme at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs, Debbie

Jacquel said...

I LOVE what you've done with the sketch & the theme you went with...so pretty!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Crafting When We Can & hope to see you back again for our upcoming Die Cuts challenge!!!!!

Poppet said...

I think this is a great take on the sketch Marina. I think this represents a perfect evening in Paris (not that I've ever been there). Love the drinks embellishment.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

Christine said...

A lovely card Marina, good to combine a sketch with our challenge. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT