Monday 26 May 2014

My New Kitchen Clock


We recently had a new kitchen fitted and , in the 'excitement' our clock got smashed.

I bought an acrylic clock kit years ago and then didn't know what to do with it. Now I have the Silhouette electronic die-cutter,I realised that I could use adhesive vinyl for it. So, the bird, branches and letters were all cut out on the Silhouette cameo which should have been a quick and simple task but of course, I had to have a few dramas along the way....

So the result is a very imperfect clock, but one I quite like, and now it's hung up on the wall, you can't see the mistakes.

I'd like to enter:
Eclectic Ellapu spring
Quirky Crafts time
Artistic Impressions anything goes with wings

5 comments:

chrissie said...

It looks amazing and is unique I'm sure.

Love Chrissie x

Pia S said...

I know nothing about your old clock, but I'm sure this one's looking great on your wall!

Spyder said...

What a fab idea and fits perfectly into Quirky Crafts challenge this time round! Thank you for playing along!
((Lyn ) )

CG said...

What a fun project! Great use of vinyl. Best, CG

cm said...

Your clock looks super cool! Isn't making your own home decor fun (once the 'frustrations' are dealt with)?
c