Sunday 2 June 2019

The Library Reminder - The Art of Stripes

Time for a reminder at The Library. 

The book is The Art of Stripes, so I used a canvas (art!) and a zebra (stripes). I was actually inspired to make this when I saw this Sara Miller range of pottery.

I got out all my red and orange shades of acrylic paint and mixed them together and painted onto a canvas. The zebra was an SVG electronic cutting file from Hungry Jpeg. I also used an SVG from Lia Griffith to cut a big leaf stencil out of packaging (I used the cut-out leaf here) and stencilled it with Distress Inks.

You can enter the challenge here . 
The Art of Stripes: Over 30 ways to wear stripes: Amazon.co.uk: Hardie Grant, Libby VanderPloeg: 9781784881511: Books
I'd like to enter:
Love to Scrap no rulz
Crafty Animals 
Little Red Wagon  stencil made from packaging
Fab n Funky stencil made from packaging

6 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Vibrant and wonderful 'Art' canvas and clever take on the book cover x Great inspiration from the Portmeirion pottery too x

Lucille K said...

Wonderful colorful Zebra, Marina :)

Pia S said...

Wow! I love the look of this. The red background with the leaves makes the zebra stand out beautifully.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful card, this is definitely an UPCYCLE! I see how and why you were inspired by the pottery. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Lisa J said...

Great Card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

grademiners review said...

Thanks a lot for the post. It has helped me get some nice ideas. I hope I will see some really good result soon.