Sunday 23 June 2019

The Library Challenge - The Rainbow

The new book at The Library is The Rainbow by DH Lawrence.
An Unrushed Walk Through A Very Different Time - The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence | Byte The Book
I really was intending on using the colours on the cover and the shape of the stool ...but in the end I just went with rainbows in general! 

For my first card (above) I masked off the edges and painted stripes of twinkling H20s in rainbow colours and then sprayed them with water. (TBH I didn't have any indigo - hope I've got away with it.) I used an Avery Elle panda and a sentiment from Pink Fresh 'Brilliant' set - my favourite sentiment set at the moment. 

I'd like to enter:
Stamping Sensations  show your true colours 

The rainbow flag (seen in the background of the large photo) is a symbol of LGBT pride so I decided to scrap some photos of Pride in London. The bigger photo shows my daughter waving the flag of the Royal College of Midwives, and the second is with her partner.  I used lots of colourful paper and embellishments from a range of sources and a title cut on the Silhouette, 

I'd like to enter:
Scrap Our Stash  left hand sketch (reversed) , polka dot base and numbers
Crafty Cardmakers  anything but a card 

June 2019 Pick Your Side Sketch Challenge

I hope you'll visit The Library. 

15 comments:

Dreja said...

Sehr schön gemacht.
Danke daß du bei den Animal Friends mitmachst.
LG Dreja

Janice said...

Great card, love the background! Thank you for sharing with us at My Time to Craft, and hope you can join us again soon ~ Janice DT

brenda said...

What a fun card and lovely rainbow background, thanks so much for joining in with our June theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great layout and I just love the watery color blend you got in the card!

Wendy L said...

The background looks amazing, great card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

Ros Crawford said...

Love that BG... perfect card for the title

Marlies said...

A lovely bright and cheerful card. Thanks for joinng our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a fantastic page. Love the details and stash use. Thanks for you entry in our challenge at Scrap Our Stash. Happy Scrapping!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

This is a great project for our theme at Crafty Cardmakers. A lovely journal page. Thanks for joining in, Angela xXx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

2 fabulous projects.
Love the way your panda pops out on that vibrant background.
And your scrapbook page is so colourful and positive. They look like they were having a wonderful time.
xxx

Chris C said...

Love your colorful take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

Lori said...

This is a great layout! Love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

Joan said...

Love your rainbow card Marina, fabulous colours

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Michelle Mattie said...

Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.