Sunday 9 June 2019

The Library Challenge - To The Lighthouse

The new book at The Library  is To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf. 

To be honest, I haven't actually read this book - I just liked the cover- okay??!!

And I didn't really show much variation on the two cards I made - they've both got lighthouses on them - surprise! Actually, they both also used a mix of stamps from different sets, are both blue and yellow, and have almost no colouring-in! 

For my first card I went one-layer and used two blue ink colours and a tiny touch of yellow. 

I'd like to enter this card into:
Craft Rocket  summer 

My second card draws more from the cover , using silhouette stamps (again, from a mix of sets) over a stencilled background .  (I used one stamp on both cards - did you spot it?) 

I'd like to enter this card into:
Crafty Cardmakers  masculine 

I hope you'll visit The Library. 

18 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this book! Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards love the lighthouse and stencilled rays.Thank you for joining us at Unicorn
Carol DT x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Great cards! I like that book cover too!

Donna said...

Your cards are beautiful and perfect for this book which was wonderful if you get a chance to read it!

Maria said...

Such a wonderful lighthouse! Great design with the birthday sentiment in a circle, so fun!

Mac Mable said...

Classy cards both of them and love the fun lighthouse x

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the way you framed the lighthouse scene with your sentiments on the first challenge, Marina! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Maikreations said...

Both cards are fabulous and both fit so well with your inspiration ;o) Thank you so much for joining our "Masculine" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting ;o) Maike

Judy McKay said...

Great masculine card. Love your choice of image and colouring. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week. Judy DT

anncreatief said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Unicorn. Have a nice day,.. Succes!!
DT Anneke

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

I haven't read this book either, but it's on my list now!
Love how you've made two fabulous and different cards, from that one theme.
xxx

I Card Everyone said...

Well I haven't read it either, Marina. But I sure am enjoying your challenge! Brilliant cards... you have TWO lighthouse stamps??!! and one cute little flock of birds!
=]

Margaret Mifsud said...

A great male card! Love the fun lighthouse! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I love the cards... Especially that first one... Never read the book but what a great title for the challenge!

Josephine said...

These are beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

Your card is super cute! Thanks for sharing it with us at Shopping Our Stash! Cyndi, DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great inspired cards - lighthouses always work well! :) Thanks for joining in at STB.

Sabina said...

Great card.
Thank you for your entry at Through the Purple Haze.
Sabina DT