Saturday 22 October 2016

Bike and Balloons Birthday

One of my colleagues organised a surprise for another workmate who was turning 30. She did a little collection, got some people to bake cakes and asked me to make a card for everyone to sign. I was really nervous about this and worried about whether people would think it was good enough! But it seemed to go down well.

Anyway, I used a large card-base (I think it's 8 x8). As the birthday girl is a cyclist, I cut a bike (Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons SVG) on the Silhouette , and then the balloons (also PPPR but I had to play about with this file) . I cut the sentiment and the 30 on the Silhouette using computer fonts, and I dry embossed the background.

I'd like to enter:
Craft Rocket  happy birthday
AAA Cards photo ( spots on the patterned paper)
Little Red Wagon  let's party
Craftycatz embossing

11 comments:

chrissie said...

Fantastic card with a great textured look

Love Chrissie xx

Stella said...

I enlarged the photo and I am in awe...Marina this is gorgeous. I love your fab and layered design. Brilliant card!

Melissa L. said...

Hi, Marina! This card is super fun and sweet! Great bicycle and lovely balloons. Thanks for playing over at AAA Cards. :)

Janette said...

This is so pretty, a lovely card...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.....x

Ros Crawford said...

I bet they were thrilled with this! It's fabulous!

JanR said...

Lovely card! I really like how you added 30 to the balloons. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Nonni said...

Great card, I'm sure everyone loved it! All the patterns and colors go together very well!

Barbara Washburn said...

Great job! I'm not surprised it was well received. Thanks for sharing with Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous card! Love the image and you even captured the colours in the photo!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Another great card Marina, love the textured background and clever work to make a special card.
I just popped below to share I've joined your bog as an encourager hope you'll do the same, if you like my work.
Thanks so much for sharing with us your creative inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Jenny Colacicco said...

Like the way you picked up on the polka dots from the photo inspiration. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA.