Thursday 1 January 2015

My Stamping Shame and the Empty Box Project


See this box? All those stamps inside are totally unused! Shameful!

In my defence I will say that most of them have been acquired rather than bought - a great many of them were free with magazines. But there are some that were purchased with enthusiasm and then neglected.

So , new for 2015, I am setting myself the Empty Box Project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

I hope you will visit my blog and see how I'm getting on.

Happy New Year to all the wonderful crafters out there, especially my regular visitors to this blog.


6 comments:

cm said...

What a brilliant idea, Marina, to give your as-yet unused stamps some much needed attention. I think we all have a couple sets (or a few...) that deserve similar attention. Be sure to check out Darnell's blog: she's running another NBUS challenge and your cards will totally qualify!
Hugs~c

chrissie said...

Great idea Marina and good luck with your challenge. You will do it I'm sure.

I am still keeping up the Christmas cards and have made one already for next year thanks to you.

Love Chrissie x

Craftychris said...

Awesome idea! I have loads of stamps I haven't used - I should have a plan to use them too! Happy New Year! xxx

Pia S said...

I think we all have a box of shame. Or items of shame spread around all over the place, which is more my case.
You achieved your goal in 2014 making a Christmas card a week, so I have great faith in you for this goal as well!
Happy New Year!

sandie said...

I don't believe this is all of them!! I have seen your craft room...hehe! This is a good idea and I look forward to this x

Shauna said...

Ha! What a fun project... or I can see it being frustrating at times when you get to those tricky stamps. This is funny. It makes me a little nervous to inventory my own collection to see what I have purchased and never used. I am sure I am just as guilty. =)
- Shauna