Tuesday 6 January 2015

A Warm Blanket



I was going to take a break from Christmas cards, but before I’ve even put the decorations away, I’ve been inspired by a few challenges.

 Firstly, the blanket and snow in the photo at Curtain Call. 

The colour palette at Christmas Card challenges reminded me of Basic Grey’s LBD collection,which I have in a digital version. Some of the patterns look quite blanket – like. 


The sketch at Sunday Stamps  gave a structure to bring it together.


But it was missing a point of interest amongst the blanketyness(!). So I remembered I’d seen some challenges for using snowflakes  ( Tis the Season  and Merry Monday ) so I cut out a big snowflake I made from a Kerri Bradford Silhouette workshop.

I added glitter, a brad and a stamped sentiment.


15 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Such a pretty, rustic card! I love how you combined the challenges!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

I love the warm colors you've used on your Christmas card and the touch of shimmer on the snowflake. Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at 'Tis the Season.
Sara

Bananastamper said...

Marina, I love all the texture and detail in your card!!! Beautifully done! I too have been feeling inspired by all the fab challenges before the decor is boxed up. Well, to be fair, my children's trees have been put away but the rest is still there, lol! Oh well, I have a jump on next year's Christmas card stash and that is ALWAYS a good thing!
Cheers,
Shanna :)

gail said...

lovely card, i like the snowflake centre. thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenge. Gail DT

Lisa said...

Very pretty card, thanks for sharing it at 'Tis The Season.

Annette Elliott said...

Wow, this really is a "cozy" card! I love how you were able to combine all three challenges to make a beauty! Thanks for playing at Sunday Stamps! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty and "cozy"! Love your combination of all three challenges. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Marsha Reed said...

Lovely card, Marina! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

Pia S said...

Love the textured look of the background and its neutral color! The snowflakes makes the card all wintery and pretty and can be used for a Christmas or winter occasion, as you prefer!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Great use of the colors for our CCC challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us. JoAnn, DT

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this design, the background is fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the beautiful background and the little hint of glimmer on your snowflake! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

Susan Joyce said...

Pretty card, I like the DSP and the glitter on the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

~amy~ said...

Such an awesome card, love that snowflake!
Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call - Winter Wonder!

Valérie said...

Very elegant card. I love the look of the warm colors you used. Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps.