Friday 9 January 2015

Scrapping 4 Fun Guest Designer - Happy Birthday


Today I'm one of the Guest Designers at Scrapping 4 Fun  and the theme is Happy Birthday.

The papers I used for this card were made using shaving foam and acrylic paint. I have seen this technique demoed on the TV and no-one has ever got their arms covered in colourful foam like I did!

The stamps I used were given to me by my friend and teammie Sandie  and I paper-pieced them with the patterned paper I'd made.

Expect to see more of these shaving foam papers over the next few weeks, as I made a few.

I hope you'll join in the fun at Scrapping 4 Fun  with your birthday themed creations.

I'm entering this card into challenges for new things, as both the stamps and the shaving foam technique are new to me ( Crafty Boots, Shopping Our Stash, Country View) , and also Quirky Crafts CAS.

11 comments:

Mrs Beez said...

Great card - love the shaving foam paper and those stamps are gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

chrissie said...

A beautiful card Marina. I love the shaving foam background--must get mine out of the cupboard and make some background

Thanks for the inspiration

Love Chrissie x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, I love the shaving foam papers and your paper piecing looks great. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Anonymous said...


Thank you so much for sharing with us at Quirky Crafts. Good Luck in the voting, come back and see us soon! Lori - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Thank you for your beautiful GD Creation. Love the paper and the cute stamp.
Have a great week
Hugs
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Leslie Hanna said...

What a fun card! I love the shaving cream technique, and I usually smell good for days. You can also use reinkers instead of paint to color the cream.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Pia S said...

Nice job with that paper, I'll have to check a tutorial for this! Great doodled details too!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

I love owl!! Beautiful color! Thanks so much for guesting with us.
Hugs

Sue said...

I love this Marina, especially your background panel. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun making this beautiful card! It's simple and beautiful. Thanks for guest designing with us :o)

Chris said...

Such a great technique for making your background, it looks fantastic. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.