Friday 2 January 2015

Empty Box Project #1


Yesterday I posted a photo of my big box of unused stamps  and announced my self-imposed project to empty the box.

To get me started, I asked my son to randomly pick out three items from the box. I have used the first two.

The first item was this box of stamps:

This box came as part of a scrapbooking kit that I bought for the embellishments and papers. I tested the stamps and you can see below why I wasn't really happy with them:

I know I could take them off the block and trim them, but I just don't like the images enough to be bothered! So if anyone, (UK for postage costs reasons) wants them, I will pull them off the block and put them in the post, if you leave me a comment with your email.

The second item was the flapper stamp, from Artisitc Stamper,  you see in the card above. I can't remember buying it but it had a £1 sticker on it!  I have never used it, I think, because of her hand - it looks like it should be doing something, like waving through a window or putting a bauble on a Christmas tree. Using a bit of masking, I made her touch some hanging stars (Sarah Hurley), and added Docrafts text stamp and a Wink of Stella (which of course, you can't see in photo!).

I'd like to enter:
Darnell's Challenge  NBUS
Sweet Stampin  anything goes
Seize the Birthday party
4 Crafty Chicks  celebration
Simply Create Too  Let's Celebrate

14 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love that idea of using all the stamps you haven't used yet, but it would take me years! I'm addicted to buying stamps . . . and have tons of unused ones! That's why this challenge has been good for me, but I have now seen others, that I haven't got and now want lol! Anyway, I digress, I love the elegance of your card Marina! Hazel x

Fliss said...

Your card is beautiful Marina and well done on trying to create with your unused stamps - might have to do that too as I know I have a few somewhere.Thanks for the great idea.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Paddington fan said...

Love your super card, I like the flapper image although I do see what you mean about her hand needing to 'do' something - perhaps a cocktail?? Thank you for joining our ' Anything goes' challenge at Sweet Stampin', Happy New Year, love Jacky x
P.S. You are not alone in having a stack of unused stamps ... I've got far too many!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a great card and so elegant - I'm loving the white, black and red combo. Thank you for sharing it with us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week over at Sweet Stampin’ this week, and good luck. Happy New Year for 2015. Hugs Janine xx

Darnell said...

Your elegant flapper lady looks right at home playing with the pretty stars all about her!! Fantastic design, Marina, and great idea for her hand! Also great idea to use (or get rid of) the box of unused stamps! I originated NBUS as a way to remind me to use my unused products so I know how you feel! Thank you so much for linking up with my NBUS Challenge #3! You can link up to three times. Have fun reaching your goal and using up that box of stamps! Hugs, Darnell

Sharyn Polesel said...

Very pretty card! I need to try this. I buy stamps faster than I can use them. lol Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Tamie said...

Simply fabulous that you are using your stamps. It is a great idea for me too. I love the clean and simple design of your card but all of the colors you used with the image is awesome. Thank you for sharing with 4 Crafty Chicks your incredible design for our Celebration Challenge

Tamie DT

Hannelie said...

A very special birthday card!
Thanks for playing at Seize the birthday !

Pia S said...

What a fabulous background you made for the flapper lady! I like this a lot!! That was quite a treasure you had hidden in that box of yours...

Inkyfingers said...

What a great way to kick start your creativity and I love the card you came up with.
Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too.
Hugs
Carol x

cm said...

Impressive card, Marina - your flapper gal is stunning, nestled amidst the stars and celebration sentiment. Classy! First 'empty box' project is a charm!
Hugs~c

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Marina: What a great celebration card! We're glad you're joining Simply Create Too challenge #76 - "Let's Celebrate". Looking forward to your entry in our next challenge also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Taunya Butler said...

Marina - your lady looks ready to paint the town red!! Gorgeously done card!!! Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too - "Let's Celebrate" challenge!! Hope you will join us next time as well!!

Taunya Butler
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
personal blog - http://daisiesgirl.com

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous - your flapper girl looks ready to party! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)