Saturday 17 January 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Ombre


We have a great challenge today at inkspirational, chosen by our fabulous teammie Pia - ombre.

Aaagh! I had heard of ombre, I kind of knew what it was but I still had to pretend it was just for our followers that I needed a clear definition and here it is :Ombré is when the colour is graduated in tone eg. a colour that fades from dark grey to light grey. Of course any colour can be used on the project.

So this was a challenge for me, but one I'm glad I tried and I hope I've got it right.

I used a digi from A Day for Daisies and two sentiment stamps from Clearly Besotted.

One person who has definitely got it right is our brilliant guest designer Deepti.  

Why don't you give it a try and join us at Inkspirational?

I'd like to enter:
Addicted to stamps make your mark 


11 comments:

sandie said...

Such a fun idea to make her dress ombre and I spotted thay CBS straight away!!

Kim M said...

What a sweet card, Marina! The ombré dress is perfect. Great design too! :-)

Tanja said...

this is so cute - I used that sweet image on one of my cards last year http://littleartcottage.blogspot.de/2014/04/wish-big.html - that ombre look makes it extra special - thanks for sharing your project with us at ATSM

Deepti said...

This is so cute, I love the ombré on the little girl's dress :) so glad to be Guest Designing at Ink !

cm said...

Your little birthday girl is absolutely A-DOR-A-BLE! Way to go with the ombre in her dress and on the balloons. So sweet! And, I'm honored to add: You've *made your mark* in a most delightful way! Thank you for sharing in the ATSM gallery!
~c

Pia S said...

I tried this technique for the first time earlier today. And if my next two or three attempts aren't going to look a lot better I think I'll consider ombré as nothing for me... I love how this looks, but it proved to be a lot harder than I thought, so for that I'm extra impressed by your card. Nice layout too and I love this little girl from ADFD

Shauna said...

Awesome use of the ombre on the dress! I also really like how you combined the two sentiments. Great design!
- Shauna

Unknown said...

Very cute! Great job on the ombre technique! Thanks for joining us this week @ Red Rubber Inspirationals!
Drea DT Host Inspirational#203

Wei Wei said...

Love this adorable card! The ombre dress is pretty! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Sue said...

Very sweet card, lovely ombre effect, so pretty! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Pia Larsen said...

So envy of you, Marina! You've got the CBS stamp with the fabulous "Birthday" stamp! Did you use the gift card for it??
Great idea to colour the girls dress in ombre :)