Sunday 11 January 2015

Empty Box Project # 2 - Dovecote


On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

My son randomly picked out the first 3 stamps/sets for me. You can see the results of the first two here.  This is the third set: 
This set came with Creative Stamping magazine. Their USP is that they provide a full stamp set every issue and lots of samples in the magazine. But,perversely, after I've seen all the samples I feel less inclined to use them ! Anyway, the magazine is lost now and I've forgotten the samples but I was still stuck on what to do with these pretty stamps. 

I was playing around combining some of the smaller stamps in the set when I remembered a challenge I'd seen, and discounted at the time - anniversary at 4 Crafty Chicks . I don't generally make anniversary cards as I don't really have anyone to give them to, but I thought the sentiment (To love and to be love is to feel the sun from both sides) was perfect for this occasion. 

I stamped on some of the paper I made at my shaving foam session and added punched flowers, a die-cut fence and liquid pearls. 

As well as 4 Crafty Chicks, I'd like to enter: 
Love to Scrap - Liquid pearls, Text, Stamps, Corrugated card, Birds 
Ooh La La  words to inspire 
Creative Corner  Love is in the air 


6 comments:

chrissie said...

Great use of the stamp set Marina and such lovely fresh colours to use

Chrissie x

Wynn said...

Love the background paper you have created. That sentiment is beautiful too. Lovely card Marina. Thank you for joining us at OLL challenges and good luck using all those stamps! Wynn DT

Pia S said...

I feel exactly the way you do with some freebie stamps sets too, but I must say I feel these magazines come with great usable gifts. But with the smaller ones I think I need to start afresh, without inspiration.
Good you didn't throw away these stamps, the sentiment is lovely and the design works so well with it too.

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Great card love the colors thank you for joining us at Ooh La la Creations Sue DT xx

Theng Creation said...

Lovely card and colors :-)
Hugs from Therese Creative Corner DT

Julie Schinkel said...

What a great idea using the stamps the way you've done here and it works! Love the colour combo too. Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog :-)

Julie
Design Team Member
Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog