Sunday 18 January 2015

Empty Box Project #3 - Fairy


On New Year's day I revealed my stamping shame - a big box of unused stamps - and started my Empty Box project. My aim is to work through the box , one stamp/ stamp set at a time and see if I can use them. If I can't use them, I will dispose of them. The aim is to finish with an empty box.

This time, I tried out this set, which was a free gift with  Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine:
I stamped the fairy and the sentiment onto watercolour paper washed with gelatos. I mounted the paenel onto black and onto a green and gold butterfly embossed card (I think this was a Hunkydory freebie). I stamped the card base with the butterfly from the set and sprayed a die-cut leaf with green and gold. 

I'd like to enter:
Fantasy Stampers Fairy nice
Paper Creators Crafts anything goes 
Darnell's Challenge NBUS  

8 comments:

Shauna said...

Glad to see the empty box project coming along! I am impressed with this stamp set that you got for free. Can't beat that deal! Great use of the stamps. Looks great against the green and I like the feather die.
- Shauna

chrissie said...

Very beautiful card Marina and great to see that you are using more of the things in the box. Well done

Love Chrissie

Julie B said...

What a great idea Marina. I have that stamp set and as yet it is uninked along with a load of other freebies!
Thanks for joining us at Fantasy Stampers for the Fairy Nice challenge. :)

Pia S said...

I must admit Ive started to look forward to this weekly post, Marina. You did so well last year and I'm cheering for you ending up with that empty box! This stamp set is still not used by me either, more to lack of time than to taste. I think this set has many wound full stamps, I love silhouette ones..

Lau W said...

Very nice creation, superb !
Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Creator challenge ! xx

Darnell said...

Utterly gorgeous, Marina! The background and that leaf embellie (that looks so like a fairy's wing) are just perfect for showcasing the pretty fairy! I love it!

And I love that you have started your own NBUS project to use those never-before-used stamps in your box! Good for you!! Let me know when you post the last one, so I can feature you on my blog for your success!! Thank you so much for playing again in my NBUS Challenge #3! I hope you have a great day!! Hugs, Darnell

JayBe said...

A fab design, Marina - love your 'empty box' idea using stamps that we have never used (I know I have loads!). Thanx for sharing with us at Fantasy Stampers.
Hugz, Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, such a good idea - good luck with emptying your box.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/