Wednesday 26 October 2011

Magazine Addict - Cardmaking and Papercraft Issue 97 November

This issue there's an article, by Hazel Conboy, on using Core'dinations card . I've had some of this kicking around for a while (Docrafts Goody Bag again) and so I thought I'd get it out and have a go. I was a bit stumped for a while as I've been doing mainly Halloween and Christmas cards lately. Coincidentally, I was also stumped for an idea for this week's  Less is More challenge - polka dots. Kaboom!

I stamped the Papermania image onto the Core'dinations and tore the edge. Then I stamped it again onto two different colours of Core'dinations, embossed with a polka dot embossing folder, sanded the dots and paper pieced onto the image.

As well as Less is More, I'd also like to enter this into the embossing challenge at Charisma Cardz.


Also in the magazine, is a great bird mobile project , using the Sizzix Scoreboards Bird die. I knew I had to get that die! To be honest, the die does everything for you. In fact, one of the above birds was made by a four-year-old - can you tell which one? (Tip - it's the one with the googly eyes!)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Marina - love the Papermania image. Bird mobile is super as well. The colours you've used suit it really well.

Maribel said...

Precious the card and the mobile, I love two.

Chrissie said...

This looks really great... what a bit of luch you had some Cor'dinations card handy!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sientje said...

Beautiful card i really love this image. I wish i had it to.