Saturday 1 October 2011

Challenged!- Card for a boy

The challenge at Oldie but a Goodie is 'one for the boys' . I thought I'd make a card for my own little boy , who, at four, isn't too worried about things being too'masculine'.  I've had the little boy stamp for a while , it's part of an October Afternoon stamp set. I thought I'd give it a new lease of life with the Molly Bloom birdhouse stamps.

I did a bit of experimenting with positioning and masking to get the birdhouse right. Then I stamped the T-shirt, birdhouse trim and birds onto the gingham paper,cut them out and stuck them on. After finishing the colouring in, I stamped and cut out the sentiment  and layered it all onto the paper. I looked through the challenge blogs for inspiration to fill the gap on the right ...thank you Dream Valley Challenges for your button challenge.

3 comments:

Francesca said...

A great Boys Card ,

thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE Challenge

Hugs
Francesca

Claire said...

Great card, love the image. Thanks for playing along at An Oldie But A Goodie this week. Hugs, Claire x

Debs said...

Super cute card!
Thanks for sharing it with us at AOBG this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx