Monday 17 October 2011

Challenged! - Alice in a teacup

Oh I spent hours on this...can you tell? I found the cup shape on the internet and printed it out and cut it out. I stamped Alice and the Cheshire cat, coloured them, masked them, inked and stamped the cup. I inked the doily and made the background with alcohol inks and stuck everything down on a card blank. Then I realised it wasn't quite as wonderful as I'd thought it would be ( more dog's dinner than Alice's teaparty) and stomped off to bed.
Coming back to it this evening after work , I've decided it's not too bad after all and so I've decided to enter it for these challenges:
Sugar Creek Hollow Vintage Tea
Gingersnap Creations Alcohol Inks

4 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hello .... so glad you stomped off to bed and then looked at it again in the morning. Its a lovely piece of art, think the teacup is fab. Thank you for entering into the Gingersnaps Creation alcohol inks challenge.

Patti P. said...

Been there and done that....sometimes it is best to give it a rest and then reevaluate. Glad you decided to enter your card. Love the shape of your teacup and kudos with all of the cutting. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

SmilynStef said...

Great inky background ... love the doily too ... so glad you got inky with us at Gingersnap Creations.

penny4thoughts said...

I think everyone has projects that they need to sleep on first lol! Thanks for playing along with us at Gingersnap Creations :-)